This is a fitting post for today. We’ve hit the rainy season here in Seattle. If it’s anything like last year, we’ll be seeing less than 24 hours of sun over the next five or six months. Let’s hope it’s not like last year.
At any rate, this is the last part of the insomnia description.
Who wants to be awake between 2 and 4 am in Seattle during a winter, where over the course of 5 months, we had a total of 19 hours of sunshine? I mean, I love me some SportsCenter, but even I can only take so much of it. I get a lot of reading done. Luckily I don’t need to recall most of it. Because not sleeping apparently makes my brain a little off, to say the least.
I’m guessing I’ve made my point, but here’s a quick list of why insomnia is such a pain in the ass.
- Being awake at useless hours.
- Being tired, every damn day.
- Being inconveniently yawny.
- Irritability—not that I was patient to begin with.
- Having drug dealers offer me heroin because I look like I could use a pick-me up. NOPE.
Obviously, I could make this list immensely longer. At any rate, the truth is that not sleeping fucks up living.